Planner In Overdrive


October is always a busy month for me, which means that my planner is in overdrive.  Between birthdays and my wedding anniversary and general fall things to do (my favorite time of year), I find it very hard to publish any official posts.  However, this doesn’t mean that I am not busy tweaking my system(s).  I have been hard at work on a few projects so I thought I’d tell you what will be coming up on the blog.

I’m currently updating my Happiness Binder.  I had started this a couple of months ago (I only get to work on it now and then, so it’s taking me a while to complete the task), but it couldn’t have come at a better time.  Gretchen Rubin has just published Happier at Home, her second happiness project book.  I am just about finished with the book and will be stating my comments about it here when I get the chance.  Until then, you can read my comments about her first book or read about my own happiness project and why I’ve been working on it.

Also, for a long time I’ve wanted to set up a reference binder.  I already have the binder in mind (one I currently own), and while I haven’t yet actually started on it, I’ve been mulling over ideas for it.  I think I have it pretty much down to what I want to include (books I’ve read, quotes I love, etc.).  One topic I want to include is Philofaxy, complete with its own tab and dedicated section, as it’s become such a big part of my life.  I want to keep a list of all related blogs and generate a list of who owns them, what their online name is, where they are located (nothing more specific than country), what their Twitter, Facebook and/or YouTube name is.  With so many people involved with Philofaxy now, I’m finding it difficult to keep everyone straight.  I imagine this will be a big undertaking, a work in progress for quite a while.  I’m pretty sure too, that by the time I have it up and running there will be many changes to include.  I don’t know how far I’ll get with it, and heaven knows it won’t be in a timely manner.  But there it is nonetheless.

In addition to all of that, I have a few binders I am looking to sell.  Again, this is something I’ve wanted to do for a while, and again, I don’t know when I’ll get around to announcing them, but look for that at some point in the future as well (a quick mention: one mini, one pocket, one compact and one slimline—if you might be interested, shoot me an email and I’ll give you more details).

Finally, if you haven’t seen my fall giveaway, take a look; there’s still time to enter.  I’m giving away two sets of sticky tabs.  All of the information can be found in the original post.

Once October is over (I’m in no way rushing it—I can’t believe we’re hurtling towards the holidays already!), I’ll be back to official posts.  In the meantime, enjoy your fall and happy planning!

Comments

  1. I think I could devote a complete A-Z index to people on Philofaxy these days, their comment names, real names, twitter names, blog address etc... It used to be easy about 2 years ago when there wasn't so many of us.....

    Great though isn't it... I'm not complaining, honest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, A-Z tabs. I hadn't thought of that. I was thinking of just an alphabetical list, but I like this idea better. I could make the philofaxy section last so that A-Z tabs don't get in the way of the section tabs. Thanks, Steve! If I can create a full and hopefully complete list, I'd be willing to share it with the community. I don't want to make any promises though because I don't know when it will be done. But I'll keep you posted!

      Delete
  2. I think a reference binder is an EXCELLENT idea and I would love to see how you organize it. I am interested in so many different types of media (books, movies, TV, music) and love love love collecting quotes as well as comic strips that hit my funny bone. With so many interests, I am stymied as to how to facilitate organizing it all. To add to that, an entire section for Philofaxy?! I think that would be a binder all to itself! This is definitely a blog I'll keep an eye out for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, that's true, I could devote an entire binder to Philofaxy! I'm not definite as to how I'll set up the reference binder, but I have a good start with some ideas. I'll definitely keep you all updated as I work on it.

      Delete

Post a Comment